What a FANTASTIC article Melanie Rockett, I think I almost highlighted all of it.
- anyone can do it
- a lot of garbage out there
- there’s no barrier to entry
- it’s immediate
- an entrepreneurial enterprise
- a safer route
- a lot of prep done in-house
- available resources
- team of people working around you
- so important to have an editor
- a joint venture
- can double the amount of people buying your book
- prestige, publicity, credibility
- the bigger your advance, the more help you’re gonna get
Taken from my own notes 😃
Mel, is it true with self-publishing there’s way more money to be made potentially, eg 40% to 90%, as opposed to say 10% to 20% with conventional publishing ?
Again, LOVED this piece my good friend….