Thank you for sharing this uplifting and emotive piece with us Shaka.
I’ll never forget reading your treasured book, which was filled with priceless takeaways.
A few of my favorites:
- “one hundred percent dissatisfaction brings about one hundred percent change”
- “Donald Goine’s novels had created in me a desire to read, but Malcolm X’s words embedded in me a burning desire to do something meaningful with my life”
- “I had to reclaim my humanity and soften my heart so that I could be a voice of reason and wisdom for my boy”
- “Writing was freedom, so I wrote till my fingers were sore”
- “For the brothers who had grown up in the ‘hood, it was a revelation to hear that the written word was as powerful a weapon as a loaded gun”
- “We can never know the power that a word of kindness or an act of forgiveness will have on the person who needs it the most”
R.I.P. James White, 219184 ❤️